Veterinary student scholarship: This scholarship goes to a student of an accredited school of veterinary medicine who has demonstrated understanding of and has acted in the promotion of the human-animal bond, with special consideration given to acts of service and leadership.
March 15th – Winner Announcement
2021 Student Scholarship Honorable Mentions
Madison Luker – UC Davis, California
Anny Huang – UC Davis, California
Lacey Rose – WSU, Washington
Past Student Scholarship Awardees
2018 Jeremy Kiene, Colorado State University
2017 Kristin Kontogianis, Washington State University
2016 Khali Jones, Tuskegee University College of Veterinary Medicine
HABA will award a student scholarship under the following guidelines:
Criteria and Instructions
The Applicant Must:
- Be a veterinary student currently enrolled in an AVMA accredited veterinary college/school.
- Be in good academic standing at the AVMA accredited veterinary college/school.
- Be a HABA member (student membership is free). Enroll at https://humananimalbond.net/join
- Submit a clear and accurate essay between 250 and 500 words. The essay should include an understanding of the physiologic, psychologic, and societal benefits of the Human Animal Bond. Please provide specific examples of activities and projects that support and promote those tenants. Special preference will be given to leadership roles in those activities and projects.
- Submit the completed HABA Student Scholarship Application and Essay by January 15, 2022.
- Title the documents with your last name first, followed by your first name and veterinary college/school.
The Awardee will be notified by March 15, 2022.
The Awardee will be expected to:
- Submit a personal profile article for the HABA newsletter.
- Provide written permission for social media use of her / his name and photo in HABA’s website, newsletter and social media accounts.
- At the board’s discretion, may be invited to sit on the board as a student representative with HABA.
2021 Student Scholarship Winner, Paige Gabrielson
2019 & 2020 Student Scholarship Winner, Caitlyn Rise